It is a project selected in the 2017 call for the Erasmus + Program. This project belongs to the key action of cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices.
Dr Play Project
It is a project KA219 Strategic Partnerships between schools, and three countries participate: Poland, Portugal and Spain.
It has a duration of 24 months and an allocated budget of 66,190 euros
The purpose of the Dr. Play project is for hospitalized children to break their isolation by coming into contact with children from other countries.
On the other hand, that children of ordinary schools be in solidarity with sick children.
The target group of the project are primary-school children (6-12 years old)
who attend the Hospital Schools, whose characteristics are:
Also, primary and secondary students from Spain, Portugal and Poland will participate, who will elaborate teaching materials and visit the hospital classrooms.
Hospitalization generates anxiety and stress in children and their families. They face a situation of isolation and fear of medical tests.
Faced with this situation, a series of needs are generated, such as playing, since children can express their fears through the game.
The game is one of the few human activities that tra nscends the social, cultural, linguistic, political and geographical barriers that separate the different peoples of the earth.
1. Encourage internationa l cooperation to promote social inclusion of hospitalized children.
2. Promote the exchange of good practices and innovative experiences betw een educational centers and hospital schools in different European countries.
3. Promote the basic values of democratic coexistence and solidarity among children of different nationalities.
4. Encourage respect for individual characteristics and for temporary or chronic disabilities.
5. Achieve a positive vision of the human body and of the disease, which favors the physical, emotional and social recovery of the child.
6. Value and accept your own bodily reality,to increase confidence in your possibilities and your self-esteem.
7. Promote the acquisition of skills and competences from attention to diversity and emotional intelligence.
8. Improve academic performance from an interdisciplinary approach.
9. Introduce theoretical and recreational contents, pertaining to the area of Physical Education, in the General Action Plan of the Hospital School.
10. Expand knowledge of other languages of the Europea n Union.
11. Introduce the play as a resource for proactive participation within the group.
12. Promotion of the use of New Technologies applied to Education, through intercommunication by videoconference and the use of multimedia resources
WHAT RESULTS WILL BE OBTAINED?
The following didactic materials will be created, based on the students
1- HANDBOOK OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND HEALTH
2- MULTILINGUAL VOCABULARY
3- ANATOMY QUIZ
4- RECIPES OF DR. PLAY
1 - HANDBOOK OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND HEALTH
Consist in the collection of drawings on the human body made by the participating students, which will include the organs, systems and functions. It is intended to publish a basic anatomy manual made by children.
In the case of hospitalized students, they will leave from their ailments to detect the affected system and from there to go into anatomical knowledge and theoretical contents proper to Natural Sciences and Physical Education. All with the aim of internalizing the concepts, understand their disease, visualize it and facilitate the recovery period.
This manual will also collect a series of games that Dr. Play will prescribe. These recipes consist of a compilation of Physical Education games (indoor for the hospital and outdoor to take home) to accelerate healing.
2 - MULTILINGUAL VOCABULARY
Consist in the collection of a specific vocabulary of Physical Education and Health, the words that have been appearing in the study of the human body. This vocabulary will be translated into English, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish.
3 - ANATOMY QUIZ
It consist in a compilation of questions with three response options, on the theme of Dr. Play. That is, about anatomy, knowledge of the human body, games and sports. The material produced will be disseminated free of charge via the project website.
RECIPES OF DR. PLAY
4 - RECIPES OF DR. PLAY
Compilation of games from Poland, Portugal and Spain (board games, traditional games, etc…)